Thursday 7 November 2013

My first day at the gym in a new city!

So here I am in Mumbai. Since, I always wanted to be an actor in Bollywood, this is the place where it all starts- the city of dreams. Till now whenever people asked me about my ambition and I said that I wanted to be an actor, no one asked me if I knew how to act. All I was ever asked was "Have you started gymming and built a six pack?". Agreed! Looking good on screen matters, but if only gymming was the criteria to be an actor then I think all gym instructors would be in Bollywood and not working in Gyms for a meagre salary. However, I wanted to build a decent physique so I joined a gym near my place.

Come the first day. All excited in my gym wear and inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger's posters (I admit, I googled how to spell Schwarzenegger) I entered the gym and I loved what I saw. My sight fell on people on treadmills, cycling machines; sweating it out as if they were preparing for the Tour 'De France competition. Then what welcomed me were the moans and groans from the other section and NO! I wish it were that but I meant people lifting heavy weights. My personal trainer greets me and after the introduction we get to serious business. Just as I was lifting weights, I notice a girl doing squats. Her butt so shapely it resembled a pair of binoculars. It's like each time she went down, I got the energy to do an extra rep of dumbbells. In the break that I took between the workout I thought to find out how she looked from the front because many times a sexy back can fool you and when you actually see the other side it turns out to be tragic.

I steal a glance at the mirror in front of which she was squatting and Voila! It wasn't tragic but magic. I wasn't the only one who held her in high regards, nine other guys staring at her too agreed with me..or atleast their stares said so. However since my trainer told me to get on to the cycling machine I obeyed his orders. Yes, inspite of the attraction I didn't lose my concentration. Signs of true dedication isn't it? Just 2 minutes into cycling and what do I see? That same girl occupies a machine around me and starts cycling. I must have performed the Bhangra in my mind atleast a hundred times while thanking god for his lovely setting. We both were cycling side by side. I never knew what awkward was until I tried to start a conversation with her.

 "I must say you have really toned legs" I said.

*WHAT? Really toned legs? This is a girl you idiot not KFC. I thought to myself and almost punched myself with boxing gloves aka Mohammad Ali*

"Hahaha seriously?" she said, smiling at me.Wait, my stupidity actually made her laugh. Pat on the back, first battle won.

 "Hi, I'm Vaibhav and you?"
"Hi, I'm Anjali, nice to meet you" she said as we shook hands.

 Then we got talking and how the 10 minutes of cycling turned  into half an hour of "Lets leave Lance Armstrong behind today" I have no clue. I was just happy I had some company to talk to and now sharing awkward glances could finally be replaced with confident smiles. "See you tomorrow" I said as I realised I'd be hanging in a Biology Lab like a skeleton if I cycled any further. "See you Vaibhav" she said smiling back. My first day at the gym giving me a new friend in a new city.

12 comments:

  1. Actor k saath saath Book Writer bhi ban. Tere writing skills zabardast hai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article Vabby!!
    So good you are.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was amazing bro. Great to know that you started your blog, waiting for more posts. (y)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for going through it Jagpreet..I hope I can keep you entertained with other posts to come :) Appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. it was good .you surely got the right skills for that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Kiran..stay tuned for more posts :)

      Delete
  5. You have all the skills to be a perfect writer vabby. ^_^
    You put it all in a "very great" manner. \m/
    Waiting to see more posts here. (y)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate..hope to keep you entertained! Appreciate it :)

      Delete
  6. HA... been there and done that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm sure you must have. Thanks for the read mate!

      Delete